Flexible cover levels to suit your personal needs
Low costs from as little as 1% per annum
No excess to pay in the event of a claim
Fully insured, regulated and authorised
Pay in Bitcoin, Ethereum or fiat currencies
In partnership with industry leader BitGo
BitGo wallets provide our customers with complete control, secure custody and continued access of their funds.
Payment accepted in
Sign up in seconds for instant protection.
1. Sign up for Coincover in 60 seconds
Choose the level of cover you need and purchase for immediate cover.
2. Secure your cryptocurrency
Create your new wallets and transfer your funds.
3. Complete your purchase
Once bought, please visit our secure claims portal to complete your registration.
What our customers are saying...
New to Crypto
Hackers stole over $4 Billion in crypto crimes in 2019 so far, up from $1.7 Billion in all of 2018.
Coincover Theft Cover pays out the value of your funds at the moment of loss with no excess to pay.
What’s included in Comprehensive Cover?
All theft and loss of cryptocurrency funds resulting from:
- Proven third-party hacks or theft of private keys
- Loss of wallet keys
What’s not included in Comprehensive Cover?
We only cover digital currencies held in approved wallets. At the moment these are provided only by BitGo. We do not cover digital currency held on an exchange or in wallets where Coincover does not hold the backup key.
For approved wallets we only have two exclusions.
- Willful sending of digital currency by you or someone authorised by you.
- Failure of a digital currency blockchain.
Which cryptocurrencies do you protect?
Coincover protects the following currencies:
- Bitcoin Cash
- Bitcoin SV
- XRP (Ripple)
We also currently support 122 ERC20 standard tokens.
Who are your insurance partners?
Coincover Comprehensive Cover is underwritten by Lloyd's of London members.
How do I pay?
Coincover accepts payments for annual premiums in Bitcoin and monthly subscriptions in US Dollars.
How do fund recoveries work?
We recover funds regularly so should get them back typically within 10 to 20 days. Our recovery process is simple and requires little input from you to complete.
- Contact Coincover to report the loss of access
- Your ID is verified and ownership of the wallet confirmed
- You create a new wallet to hold the recovered funds
- We securely signs the transaction to recover funds
- Wallet provider securely countersigns
- Your funds are then transferred to your new wallet
- Coincover confirms the funds have been recovered to your new wallet
If my cryptocurrency is stolen how long does it take you to pay?
We pay theft cover claims within 48 hours of validating the theft. Claims are paid in US Dollars. The value of the digital currency at the time of theft based on an external valuation.
What is the excess or initial deductible on a theft claim?
There is no excess or initial deductible to pay.